Sunday, November 19, 2006

Tuesday, 3 October 2006
October 3, 2006 - Day 8 of Sylke's Injury
Mood: mischievious

This is day 8 of Sylke's back injury. She is doing remarkably well for a dog that is paralyzed. I spoke with her vet today and she was surprised when I told her last Friday night, I ellicited movement in Sylke's hind leg and tail.

Sylke went out this evening when I got home from work. She is very bright in spirit despite her handicap. I put a leash on her to guide her and a towel under her backend to support her paralyzed rear - she can walk FAST on two legs. I was huffing and puffing when I brought her back in. She is going to do very well in a cart. But there are still at least 5 more weeks of recovery before we get the cart and try her in it.

She has a lot of spunk for a dog who is paralyzed in the rear. Her appetite is excellent, she takes her meds with her food and does well in her bed while I am at work. She is very happy to see me come home - I find her sitting up, ears pricked, ready to go. I think my Sylke girl is going to be just fine.

My friend at work told me today that her husband said he would build Sylke ramps for both the front and back porch so that when she gets her cart she can go in and out more easily. Isn't that grand?




Posted by sylkegirl at 6:18 PM EDT
Updated: Tuesday, 3 October 2006 6:31 PM EDT

No comments: