Sunday, October 4, 2009

Autumn Color


The color is really picking up in Michigan though many of the trees are still green. On this morning's walk with Sylke we saw some dazzling colors. (pics below)

Sylke was a stinker on her walk today. When we saw deer her instinct was "Let's go after them!" and she was all set to barge through the thick underbrush. We had a wrestle about that.

The we had an argument about why we really do not need to check out mashed raccoon at the side of the road. She thought it was a delightful idea - I strongly disagreed.

On the way back we saw a really large doe and her fawn and when they saw us they took off running - she was hot to go after them as well. We walked along the edge of the woods they ran in to on our way home and her head was up, nose working furiously - and then I realized - they were upwind from us and she was scenting them.

I also learned - not a good idea to head out on a 3 mile walk - after 2 cups of coffee - the last few blocks home were a swift sprint!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My spouse and I absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your
post's to be just what I'm looking for. Do you offer guest writers
to write content available for you? I wouldn't mind producing a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome blog!

My weblog :: Elevate GF